Monday, September 29, 2014

SEPTEMBER 28, 2014 - THE CHISHOLM CHALLENGE (AKA THE KEEN EYEBALL AND STEADY FINGER MATCH) - RESULTS

Thanks to Michael Lutes for sending this write-up and to Ash Pardy for the pictures:


As the Match Director, I can report that the inaugural running of the Chisholm Challenge was a very enjoyable day for those 7 shooters who attended. 

We enjoyed a great day of shooting. The weather was fantastic with enough switching wind to keep everyone on their toes. 

We shot 2 & 10 twice at 500 meters and again at 900m. Several shooters were happy to confirm their long range load development has payed off and others realized there is work to do yet.

The 6 F-Class shooters were Ahmed Aljazzat, Kevin Gallivan, Gordon Holloway, Adam MacDonald, Paul McIlveen and Ash Pardy. They enjoyed good competition with Gordon Holloway winning the day with 50.5 50.6 49.5 49.8. Paul gave hard chase to finish second vowing to return with a harder bag next year.

I was the token target rifle shooter with a functioning rifle and ammo combination and I was pleased to identify why my shooting performance during the Mini Palma last weekend was erratic. I coached scope shooters last weekend and imprinted on their scope correction direction which had me turning my iron sight opposite to what my coach asked for.

The shoot was a great success for all those who participated as the opportunity to shoot at 900 m is highly valued.

I really must thank Adam and Ahmed who showed up early to help set up and they looked after the e-target scoring system which worked very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment